
My newest little sweetheart has arrived! He is absolutely perfect and such a good baby. We nap all night long and I actually feel quite rested by a.m. His birth weight was 7#13oz and he was 19.5" long. Quite surprising since the others have all been close to a pound bigger than the last! But I'm not complaining! His blood type is the same as John's but since mine is different, the different antibodies crossed and the result is some jaundice. We went to the office on Friday to check his wt., which was down to 7#2, and another bili level, which was 11 at the time. We were back to the office today for another wt. check (7#3) and bili, which is now 13. It was to peak yesterday so I think when we go back on Wed. (oh joy!) I expect it to be lower. He just needs a few more good, yellow poops!
Here's a quick recap of his birth, for those who haven't heard:
So, his fluid was low in the office Tues. a.m. and my mw said she could break my water and have a baby, so we did! John and I left the office, had a good lunch, then went home to relax a few hours. We met Kay, my cnm, at 5pm and shortly after 6pm she broke my water...to find green! Lovely! He already pooped! Within 30 min. my usual contractions were back and getting a little more uncomfortable. By 7pm they were getting stronger. By 7:45 I was ready to push and delivered at 7:48pm! What a relief! He didn't have any affects from the meconium but the NICU nurses
thought his heartrate was irregular. THAT statement got him a ticket for a 12-lead EKG on Wed. but it came back fine. His heart rate was low (90's-100's), so they were keeping an eye on it. His COOMBS test came back + so that called for more blood work and the beginning of jaundice was setting in. He's been a good nurser from the get-go but we did supplement while in the hospital and also thru the weekend. I had hoped to go home Wed. night after his 24hrs-old blook work, but the Pediatrician wanted him to stay one more night to keep an eye on the heart rate and bili levels.
He seems very tiny! He fits in his 5-7# outfits perfect! Little peanut! The kids are crazy about him and can't get enough (of course I get first dibs!!). The girls have been a huge help and they get a little competitive when the other has held him for a while.
I feel great. No coffee this a.m. and I feel really well. Riley and I took a nap yesterday, which felt great, and John fixed stir-fry and fried rice. He made eggs the night before and I've had friends bring dinners before that! Wow! I have the best friends! Another friend is bringing Olive Garden take out tonight when she returns the girls from language class. Wow! I am so lucky! Oh, and so far I've lost 15 of the 20# I gained! Woot Woot!! Waiting for the green light to get out and go running!
I'll go find some more pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment