tin roof

Friday, March 5, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies!

Cookie season is well underway! We started our first of 3 weekends of cookie booths and the girls did real well today. We picked up 38 cases of cookies to sell at 3 booths this weekend! That's alot of cookies!

Saw the doc the other day and all is well. I haven't gained anything the past 2-3 weeks but then again I've had no appetite. No room for very much food anymore! I drink a glass of water and I'm full for hours! Wish it was like this NOT pg. As much as I'd like to be holding this child in my arms, part of me really wants to get thru next weekend's cookie booths. So much planning involved to get Katie and Steph signed up for enough hours in booths and both need the hours to add to their cookie quota. Plus, I'd hate to have to cancel a booth if I can't be there!

Houses...well, not much is happening. The last one we made an offer on, we finally saw it. It was very nice! But...and it's a huge but...it stunk to high heaven of cat pee! ARGH! There is always something! I did some research and found if the carpet/pad is removed and the concrete is disinfected then sealed, you will be ok. I guess the seller has decided to recarpet. Who knows if he'll do it 'right'. And we haven't heard one way or the other about our offer. Now, our realtor emailed this afternoon to say a previous house we liked but had had an offer on already, was back on the market. Our offer was held as a back up. Apparently, the other realtor put our offer back in without letting our realtor know! John and I have talked about it all afternoon and decided we will sleep on it before we talk to the realtor about it. We can have it withdrawn or just leave it and hope for the best. It is a short sale so the offer has to go thru the seller and the lender. I guess we'll see how it goes. We did like the house and it has 6 bdrms, 3 baths...can't complain about that!

Until next time...TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bruce's daughter's first condo was in horrible condition, the lady had probably 20 cats that lived there. You couldn't go into the house without a mask. They tore the carpet & pad and then sprayed with a sealer. Some of the wood was removed where there was damage, Had to paint walls with sealer in one room also but when it was done, the smell was gone. Good luck. Aunt Margaret