Connor in the Rainforest
Rainforest
Who's riding in my pouch?
Diver scrubbing the tank
So, out of nowhere, Riley popped his first tooth! Looking back over the past week or so he really wasn't fussy at all! There was drooling - but he's done that for 3+ months now. No rosy cheeks, no fever, nothing out of the ordinary to tell me he might be getting a tooth. Katie mentioned on Monday if he had a tooth and I said 'no' and curiously did a quick swipe over his gums. Whoa! She was right! His first tooth! My earliest teether was I think Zack at 7 mos. and latest was Max at 11 mos. Yesterday, I noticed Riley's face had a couple red, blotchy spots on it. It went away after a little while. I saw more red blotches later that day and again this a.m. Weird.
Our homeschool group planned a field trip to the California Science Academy in San Francisco on Tues. What a great trip that was! They had an aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, natural history, living roof, and penguins! It was quite a haul to get there - 2.5 hrs - leaving at 7am WITH 6 KIDS! We did it and even left at 6:45 to pick up a friend's daughter. The drive home was crazy. During rush hour traffic we putted across the Bay Bridge and on home. The insane traffic jams added almost an hour to our trip home. Boys napped and made for a quiet trip anyway. Here are a couple pictures:
I am keeping up with my running and got my road bike tires pumped up so I put 24 miles on it last week. I LOVE that bike! I have registered for a 5K race about 30 min. away at the end of the month. I sure wish I could remember my time from my last race but I apparently did not record it anywhere! Darn! I'm also looking for a 10k this winter and if all goes well, a half marathon next Nov. Very doable in a year.
John made it home safe and sound from England. He said he had a good time in the short amount of time he was there. He was presenting their equipment to some company over there. We're glad to have him home!
I guess that is about it for now. I anticipate a nice, uneventful Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment