tin roof

Sunday, September 26, 2010

6.2 miles baby!

I did it!  I set out to do at least a 5 mile run and once I made that decided to push just a little further and do the 10K.  Whew!  It was hard!  I'm definitely going to look for a 10K to do this winter but just a 5K will do for now.  Thanks Danielle!  I'm feeling great!

On another note, I have come to the conclusion that I am lactose intolerant.  I have been having really bad bloating and stomach aches for some time now.  The most I read was to do an elimination diet (or scratch test) and figure out what food(s) might be bothering me these days.  After a little trial and error, I slowly added wheat back into my diet, corn, then dairy.  Boom!  That seemed to be it!  I am now drinking soy milk and would love to get my hands on some soy yogurt.  I have found, however, that people with a lactose intolerance can consume goat milk and cheese!  Goat milk has a very 'earthy' scent/taste to it but it's ok.  The cheese, on the otherhand, is quite good.  Goat milk is very similar to human milk in breakdown and is very easily digested.  Works for me!

Dad and Sharon will be out to visit a week from Monday.  They had planned to come out the following week to visit her brother in Phoenix on the way to our house but he passed away last night.  He's been very sick with a rare lung disease for 8 years, was only expected to live 4yrs.  It will be nice to see them.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Way to go Julie!!! You are kicking my butt! It's taken me 3+ months just to work up to 5 miles without stopping! Yesterday I had a good workout too, I went another 60minutes of non stop running, walked for 4 minutes and then ran for another 6 minutes to make it 6.2 (that includes my warm up walk too). SOON I'll make it to 6.2 with no breaks! Yay, go us!