tin roof

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Arthritis!?! Ack!

So, upon meeting with the new doc a couple weeks ago and complaining about my aching joints, he ordered some lab work, including a test to check for Rheumatoid arthritis, xrays of my knees, podiatrist consult, and a GI consult (food intolerances).  Is it time for a mid-life crisis or what? LOL  Labs aren't back yet but the foot doc wrapped my flat feet, making temporary arch supports.  New, fiberglass ones will be here next week.  Xrays showed arthritis so I may also have it in other joints but hopefully the arch supports will allow me to decrease some of the Motrin I'm having to take.

The jogging stroller has been great!  Riley falls alseep with in minutes in it!  But I couldn't believe it when I saw it had a flat...ugh.  We took it thru the grass a little bit the other day, on the way to the park.  Must have found some burrs as there was one that went thru to the tube on one tire and just in the tire on the other side.  Dang!  So I bought some new tubes and changed it in under 90 minutes!  Ha!  Not very speedy.  Same thing happened to my road bike last year!  I have a spare one with me now.

My first race of 2010 is this Saturday.  Strollers are allowed so Riley is coming with!  My friend Karen was going to run with me but she now has a funeral to attend that day :-(  She's training for a half marathon back in Morgan Hill, where we moved from.  Perhaps next year we can run the full Marathon together!!!  Could be fun!

Running has been coming along well.  I want to run more often but busy days often don't allow, not to mention lacking in energy by the time kids are in bed.  I'm averaging a decent run 3 days a week, anywhere from 3-8 miles.  My attempt to run last night w/o Motrin in my system allowed me to only walk.  I just had too much pain near my ankle and in my knees so I ended up walking for an hour on a steep incline.  Burned plenty of calories - good enough :-)

We are fast approaching Halloween!  The kids are all set with costumes and are counting the days.  Zack esp. counts the days as his birthday is 10 days after Halloween.  We still need to go get our pumpkins - better do that tomorrow.  Looks like it will be a busy weekend!

No comments: