tin roof

Sunday, July 24, 2011

When the body has trouble keeping up with the mind

So...I've been sidelined once again! Shock!  This time I hope to be back pounding the pavement in about 10 days, NOT 6 mos!  Thursday I was about a half mile into a 7-mile run, stopped at the park to grab some tp for my heat-induced drippy nose when I turned my ankle.  Ugh!  I haven't turned this ankle in 2 years so I guess I've been 'running on borrowed time', so-to-speak :-)  I walked for a bit, checked it out, and it felt fine so I finished my run.  I iced it when I got home but it pretty much felt like it always does, just over-stretched.  On Friday I was in the rocking chair and Riley was stuck behind the keyboard so I got up to get him and must have pulled something again....YEOW!!!  Couldn't even put weight on it!  Darn!  So I iced it again and stayed off it the rest of the day.  It wasn't feeling any better on Sat., even though there was minimal swelling, no bruising, so I went in to ER to get some pictures taken.  The doc even did a quick u/s on the back of my ankle and everything was negative so 7-10 days off and I should be good to go.  I'm taking my share of Ibuprofen so I anticipate being back pushing the stroller very soon.  I think I have gymnastics 27 years ago to thank for this :-P

No comments: