Steph's virus is still kind of hanging in there and went on to contaminate Zack. Zack went on to contaminate Connor, who contaminated Max! Such a fun chain of sickness! After a few days of a fever around 102-104 they seem to be ending up with a sinus crud. Steph still has that part but was fine to have her b-day party at the beach on Sat. Katie opted to stay home and watch Riley while just Steph and I went and met her 2 friends there.
Max came down with the fever while we were gone on Sat. but with a few doses of Motrin, he was feeling much better on Sun. for his birthday. He asked for only one thing that I kept saying was way too expensive. It's a lego robot. I got a decent deal on it at amazon.com and he had no idea we were actually getting it for him. John and I both felt he was responsible enough for this 'toy' and that he'd get his feet wet in the engineering field as well as computer programming. The pieces can be changed into about 4 different robots and you can buy other parts to add to these existing robots. In the pictures below, his expressions were exactly what I hoped he'd have! He claimed this to be the "best birthday EVER" so I think he had a good day, even if he was sick.
Zack still seems to be carrying a fever. I just gave him more meds so he'll be laying low once again. I think Connor might be on the mend so we are getting there. But then you know, there are still 4 more people in this house that have not become ill. Riley won the booby prize to be next on the list. He woke to a fever late last night so I dosed him up. Then he woke a few hours later throwing up! Ack! So I brought him to our bed and layed a pillow case down, just in case. He was either crying or dozing off in my arms for about an hour and would not drink anything. By 6am he was really hot so I gave him more meds, rocked him, and he finally passed out so we went back to bed and slept almost 2 more hours. When he woke up he ate a little bit of an Otter Pop, then a little bit of cereal with a little bit of milk. He finally drank some water and seems better but it appears he's ready for a nap so off we go!
Half marathon training is going well. I am on week 8 of training for it and so far so good! Even in the warmer temps, it's been ok. My longest run was yesterday's 8 miler. It took me 90 min. but I got it done, drinking 3 bottles of water. It is a little tougher workout pushing the stroller BUT I like being able to carry extra water in the basket. When I run solo and carry my water bottle, I have to fill up at the park and our city water SUCKS! I might be buying a gear belt soon...
I guess I will go dig up some pictures!
Fall boat ride with Tica
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment