Well, I think I can say this was definitely not one of Steph's favorite birthdays :-( She had planned to have 2 friends from San Jose over for the weekend. Instead, she ended up in bed with the flu a couple days before and had to cancel the plans with her friends. She started to perk up on her birthday, Saturday, so at least she was able to enjoy it. She got just about everything she wanted, including an iHome clock radio for her ipod (Katie even woke early in the night to plug it in and set the alarm/radio to go off to surprise her!). We had one of our favorite pizzas for dinner, artichoke stuffed-crust, and of course birthday cake afterwards. Next weekend we have a beach party planned with a few of her friends so that will be fun.
The 'bug' has moved onto Zack now and John had to go get more Tylenol...of course after midnight...when Zack spiked a temp of 104.5! Poor guy! I'm really hoping this stops with him and doesn't weasle it's way through everyone else. Ugh!
I am happy to say that Riley has been weaned! Yep, I did it. I will miss this closeness that we shared but it is time and I really need him sleeping in HIS bed, all night. It has been so exhausting with only 2-3hr.stints of sleep every night for the past, oh, year and a half, if you include the end of pregnancy, getting up at night to go to the bathroom. Besides, I head to Michigan in less than 4 weeks and I'd rather my absence not be THAT traumatic on the boy :-) I had the monitor turned down during the night and didn't hear him until this a.m., around 7:30. By the looks of it, I think he kept Katie up though :-P On to bigger and better things, my boy! And btw, it took some time but he has finally taken to cow milk. Woohoo! He's been drinking it consistently for a month or two now.
Running has been going great, even with these crazy-hot days. I logged 25 miles last week with a high-mileage day of 6 miles. This week is a 'rest' week with only 19 miles but including an 8-mile run. Oy! But next week's schedule has a 9-miler and adds 10 miles for the week for a total of 29. Hoping more sleep helps with energy levels. At least the weather is MUCH cooler and only in the high 80's. Ya, COOLER in the high 80's. But that is a 15 degree difference from last week.
Going to try to get some pictures up, if this machine will do it correctly.
Fall boat ride with Tica
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment