tin roof

Friday, April 1, 2011

TGIF!

Not that Friday is really any different than any other day of the week for me...never-the-less, it is indeed Friday!  And it is supposed to be 85 today!  Woot woot!  That's a great way to end a week!  It was actually almost 80 yesterday here in Los Banos but I took the boys on a field trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with our group and it was about 74 there at the coast.  Fun day!  No stroller to deal with, just put Ri in the back carrier and walked for 4 hours!  We've been here several times now so I decided not to take the camera but now I'm wishing I did.  Ah well.  Steph felt sick before we left and she gets carsick as well so I decided to leave both girls home.

Riley's rash is getting better finally, on his face anyway.  At his 1 year check up the doc agreed that Benedryl wasn't working and to try hydrocortisone.  The doc seems to think he just has dry skin so I've mixed a bit of hydrocortisone with Aveeno extra moisture/sensitive skin lotion.  It's helping his face but he still scratches his head alot.  I did notice recently, since the scratching started, he has a pea-sized cyst on both sides of the back of his head.  I suspect this has something to do with it.  If he's not better next week, we're to go back to the doc and get a dermatologist consult.  Other than that, his check up went fine and he got 4 shots :-(   He just got another lower tooth, making this #7 so far.  I was hoping to wean this child but wouldn't you know, when I give him sips of cow milk, he acts like I'm giving him vinegar or something that tastes awful!  So, for now he's still my boob-king!  He's grown 2# and 2" since his 9 month check up so is 19#6oz and 28.75".  Here's what the others were at 1 year:
Riley: 19#6.....28.75"
Connor:  22#8.....29"
Zack:  17#4.....27" 
Max:  22#4.....30.5"
Steph:  16#7.....28.5"
Katie:  17#7.....29"

John's been working like crazy lately.  His work has him in Brazil next weekend for a week but if that wasn't enough, his boss also needs him to spend 4 days in Schaumburg, IL at their headquarters, training people.  He leaves this Sun. and returns Thurs., just in time to fly to S.America on Sat.  No rest for the wicked, I'm telling ya!

Going to get outside and head to the park shortly and soak up some of this sunny heat wave before it hits 60 again next week.  Have a great and glorious weekend!

No comments: