tin roof

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday




He has risen!  What a great day!  No plans today but to cook, eat, and be merry :-)  Did our usual egg scavenger hunt and this house seems to have so many more hiding places for jelly beans.  The kids loaded up on that, then I got potatoes started and the ham in the oven.  Later, I made a yummy cream puff dessert and I think there just might be one piece left for me ;-)  Took the boys across street to the park to run off some of that sugar then down a block to the other park where I could get a 1 mile walk in.  You would not believe all the parties held at the park today!  One family was at the small park and at least 2 big families were at the other park, grilling, playing volleyball, flying kites, etc.  Weather was sunny and about 75 so it was a great day to be out!

We never did get our eggs colored!  Ah well, we can do that tomorrow and have our eggstravaganza dinner of egg salad sandwiches, deviled eggs, and egg custard.  Yum!

Riley's lip appears to be healing quickly, thank goodness.  The scratching isn't though.  Poor guy.  He had an awful time getting to sleep tonight and reopened a scab from earlier.  I have to trim his nails almost daily!  Sheesh!  I'm planning on calling the office tomorrow and getting a referral for a dermatologist.  Can't take it anymore!

Have I mentioned I've got 2 in braces?  Lovely.  Steph's had the palette expander on for a few months and now has the top braces on.  Bottoms go on in a couple weeks.  Max was recommended to have a consult as well and his expander was put on about 10 days ago.  They both have different problems but we look forward to the end result.  The dentist thought Katie should also have a consult and that is set for this coming Friday.  Her bite is off but I don't think she needs the work done like the other 2.  She does, however, need her wisdom teeth out and we will see what to do about that next week too.

John leaves for Argentina for the week at 6am tomorrow and I have to take him to the airport (Fresno) sooooo, I best be off this machine.  3am will be here waaaayyyy before I'm ready.  Later!

1 comment:

Lisa O'B said...

We call it Resurrection Sunday as well! Regan was so happy to see the photo with all the kids--she said, "There's Stephanie! I wish I could reach into the picture and just bring them all into our house!". How adorable is THAT?! :)