tin roof

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moving forward

Mom has returned home, John has landed in Singapore, and it's just the kids and me for the next 10 days.  What to do, what to do.  So I decided I would take this time to paint the kitchen/living room!  Ha!  Why not?  Just a little surprise for John when he returns home.  I picked out the paint yesterday and will test it in a bit.  If time allows, we will work on painting the girls' room too.  Fun projects!

My dryer decided to quit last week!  Argh!  Waited 5 days for a friend to come check it out but never heard back so I had Sears look at it, hoping it was only a heating element.  Not quite.  It appears there was a lip on the barrel that caught on the seal and cut a long strip of metal right off the barrel.  Nice.  Another part was damaged from this and to replace these parts it would cost $600!!!  So, I went shopping for a new dryer.  I found a Maytag steamer that was a decent deal with good reviews so ordered it and it will be delivered tomorrow.  After washing and hanging to dry a few loads over the past week, I have had enough!  I cannot wait for the new dryer!  I hope this load today is my last hang-to-dry load EVER!  I don't even want to think about how many loads I will be washing tomorrow....

1 comment:

mana said...

Hi Julie,
Very cute video's!! Thanks for sharing!
Have fun with the painting!!