tin roof

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hoping you all had relaxing and safe holidays.  We had a relatively quiet New Year's playing cards next door.  It's been pretty rainy so we've stayed inside alot lately.  Hoping it clears up tomorrow so we can get out and get some fresh air at the park with our group.

Riley's been such a brave little soul!  Like the video clip I posted last week, he pulls up to stand at just about anything he can.  Even things that are only a few inches off the ground he holds, straightens his legs, and stays in the 'bear walk' position.  In bed, all he wants to do is pull up and stand, sit back down, pull back up, sit, stand, sit.  He's never going to sleep if he keeps this up, silly boy!

Not much planned for the new year at the moment.  Well, with the exception of mom visiting on Thursday!  The 8 of us might take a day and drive northeast a couple hours and find snow.  I need to make sure we still have enough hats, mittens, and gloves!  I'll be sure to get some pictures if we decide to go.  John's still got some vacation time and I wanted to do something before he heads out on his next travel destination - Singapore.

My running has come to a grinding halt!  I am still limping.  ARGH!!  I left a message at the doc's office to find out the results about the xrays last week but that was Thursday so I'm sure they haven't been looked at yet.  I've been having this constant hip pain ever since my last 2 runs 2 weeks ago.  An article I read about hip pain jogged my memory about my previous visits to the PT back in Morgan Hill.  He mentioned my hips were off and had me doing some counter-stretches and it got me to thinking.  My pants and shorts all have one leg longer than the other when I wear them...there has got to be something going on with my hip/femur joint!  I've also got lower right back pain where I have this odd indentation in my muscle.  I'm willing to bet this is all related!  So, I hope to get back to PT (yay! love those people!) and hopefully get things straightened around!  I am absolutely DYING not being able to get out for a run!  Without Motrin, I can hardly walk and climbing these stairs 15 times a day is a killer!  Wishing for answers tomorrow!

We are still doing school work - no vacation for us until mom arrives.  The glory of homeschooling!  We took a couple days off at Christmas to get last minute things done but other than that, I've been driving these kids like cattle!  LOL  We're almost there though!

 

No comments: