tin roof

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visit from Michigan!

We were thrilled to have John's sister and her daughter here last week! I saw them last Oct. when I was in town but they have not met Connor and Riley. Since we were limited with vehicle space, John and Katie took them to San Francisco one day, the boys and Steph and I took them to the beach another day. The rest of the time we just caught up on things while the kids swam. We had a great time!

This week we are back to our usual school schedule and getting ready for some classes with our co-op. Different families are doing different things - ours is Tiny Treats used from American Girl. It's only once a month and I'm sure the kids will have fun. We will make miniature-sized treats that resemble actual treats - for instance, Cheerios dipped in powdered sugar look like powdered sugar donuts! Steph is in Movie Madness, which is making a group video about some topic. They are meeting at the park a block from here for that. Another family down the street is leading a Lego building/Lego Robotics class. The girls are taking a drawing class and another family is going to teach about reptiles and lead an animal dissection class. Lots to learn about this Fall!

Better get started on our work for today. Have a good one!

1 comment:

mana said...

Sounds like fun.! Tiny Treats is sure to be a blast!!