tin roof

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A reprieve from the rain

We finally got a break from our constant downpour. 2 days of a break! It was sunny and just over 70. After being so dry for so long, I think we are finally at our usual amount of rainfall for the season so hopefully, more clear skies are to come. The water level in our pool is at the top of the edge and we need to backwash to let some out. There is a low point on the shallow end where the patio dips down a little and the water was over the edge at that spot! We even had thunder and lightning last week and those are a rarity in CA. People freak out about 'storms' out here and I just laugh. They don't KNOW a storm.

Ya, another year older too. Joy. I'm fast approaching the next 'family of numbers' as we call it in 1st and 2nd grade math and I don't like it. 29 is a nice round number to stick with, I think. We all went out to Outback for dinner since we couldn't get a reservation at our Hibachi steakhouse. It was good and it had been a long time since we were there last. We usually get take out but thought it nice to get out of the house for a change. Afterwards, John and I went down the street to the theater and saw Taken. Ugh! What a movie! None of my kids will take a european trip under the age of 30! It was a good flick though.

Girl Scouts today and I have a few things to prepare for it plus Sat. is chore day so I should get everyone cracking at their work. I will try to get some new pics up this week. Haven't had much motivation to take any but I'll see what I can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so cookies are over with, you have survived the camping trip and your mom will be coming to visit soon. It is time for an update.
Aunt Marg