tin roof

Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm back!

By request, I'm back from FB land to post a message about us! (thanks Aunt Marg for reminding me I have a blog to keep up! ha!)
Ok, I admit, I got a little distracted with facebook ;-) I love that place and have had a great time catching up with so many friends from 'home' and school. It's like a high school reunion every day! So much fun!

Dad and Sharon are here for the week. They drove out last Sunday and took their time, taking 6 days to do the trip. They had a good trip but they're glad to be able to relax this week. I wish we had warmer, drier weather for them but we do need the rain. Dad and Steph have been playing chess and I hope to get them both trying out the Wii.

Connor seems to be growing by leaps and bounds at the moment. He's using the potty all the time and all on his own this past week. He's even doing the big job all on his own so we are all very proud. And to only have to wash dipes every 2 weeks...woohoo! He's also talking alot more now and easily able to communicate his needs. He loves to 'paint' on his Aquadoodle, loves to write on his Magnadoodle, and hold an xbox controller to 'play' whatever the boys are playing. And boy, can he turn on the tears! My lil drama king :-) Hurt his feelings and the faucet turns on! Wow! We have a hard time not laughing! He's too cute. Btw, he still has a green eye and a blue eye. I thought for sure one of them would change but it looks like they will stay that way.

The other kids are great. We've been busy with our co-op on Tuesdays and I'm helping lead the class of 16 pre-k kids. The girls have met some new friends and are enjoying it. The boys, well, they are tolerating the music class and complaining
that it's boring but never want to go home when it's time. Go figure!

The girls have been selling their cookies and we finally have a Sat. free from girl scout activities! Nice for a change! I'm taking Katie and Zack for their late pictures. I've decided to switch to Fall pictures for everyone. I just might do a family pic this fall too! A family friend has offered to take the pics so we shall see if we can make it work.

I guess that's about it from here. Take care! Until next time...
TTFN!

No comments: