tin roof

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ok, Ok! An update!

This year's portraits:





Mom is here and we are filling each day with this and that. Scrabble game here and there, lots of walks around our big circle, but generally, just hanging out - what we do best.

Weather's been nice, 60's to 70's. It's been nice and sunny until the past couple days when we got more much needed rain. But Sunday was 78 and sunny so we sat by the pool, mom read while I vacuumed the pool a couple times.

Spring break this week so time for a break from school! Good timing with mom here. I was ready for a break. We've got about 6 weeks of school left for the year. Everyone is doing well. Since we are involved with a charter school, the Katie, Steph, and Max had to take the standarized testing last week. They didn't mind it too much as it's a day away from a regular day of lessons. Max is becoming a fast reader and his comprehension is great. Third kid down to learn to read...2 more to go! Our co-op is going well. Steph likes it the most but I think Max, Zack, and Katie just tolerate it. Too scheduled for them I think. Connor has 2 good buddies there so he likes to go play with them. I'm still helping with the pre-k group (Connor's group) but am trying to decide on whether or not going next year.

Friendship bread! Yum! Thanks Aunt Margaret!! We baked 2 loaves and have our next batch getting ready to bake next week. So tasty!

John's been REAL busy with work, flying here and there, working thru the night and the folowing day sometimes. Ugh! But hey, it pays the bills!

I need to hop in the shower so Steph, Mom, and I can run down to the outlet mall in Gilroy. Trying to make every effort to get her out of the house now and then! We're going to look for a sushi kit to try our hand at making sushi! Yum!!

Back later!

2 comments:

Aunt Marg said...

Thanks for the update. I love the pictures, I can't believe how Steph & Katie have grown as they are the kids I know. Really cute family. This was the perfect time for your Mom to visit, with your break & she needed a break, it has been a looooong winter. We had snow yesterday, but sunny today.

Anonymous said...

I like your update, but HATE my photo by the pool. Ugh......please exchange it with one from Facebook......please.....
Thanks. I can vouch for us having a great time on my trip.