tin roof

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Last day of school!!! BEACH or BUST!!!










We headed to our favorite beach for our 3rd annual Beach Bum Last Day of School.  Weather was nice but quite windy.  The kids didn't seem to care, mostly the boys, but Katie and I kept our sweatshirts on.  The closer to the ground you were, the warmer you were so that's where the girls stayed.  Riley wasn't terribly thrilled with sand and preferred to stay on someone's lap.  By the time we were packing up, I sat him on a towel on the sand and he started to play with the sand a little, then too a bite of it.  Yuk!  It was a lot of fun but it's always nice to get home and get a shower.

Running is going well!  Riley wants in the stroller all the time so I take advantage of that and go for a run when it's naptime.  It encourages me to run longer so as to allow Ri to get a nice, long nap.  I am planning on running the 5k of the Half I had planned on running which is next Sunday.  Chocolate and champagne at the finish!  The  following week is a 5K race for Lupus and I won an entry to it a couple days ago so I will run that (with Riley) and I'm also fundraising for it!  Very exciting!  A friend of mine is trying to raise funds for Juvenile Diabetes and is setting up her own 'virtual' race (in honor of her nephew).  Her race is run on the honor system and you have 4 days to run a 5K and take a picture of yourself with your handmade race bib.  Kind of fun!  So, 3 races for June!  Yippee!  I'm on the fence on whether of not to run the 5K back in Morgan Hill (own old house) on July 4th.  We'll see.  It'd give me something to keep working on and I might get my old running buddy to run it with me!

Looks like we are going to play cards (Yay!  Adult socialization!) so I had better get off this machine!

No comments: