Riley has officially survived his first 12 mos. within our zoo! Yay for him! We really didn't celebrate the day yet, though, since John is travelling this week. He returns Friday night so the girls and I are baking him an angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream filling, then celebrating his birthday on Sat. with presents. He has his 1 year check up on Monday but did get a chance to visit the doc Thursday. He has acquired a rash of some sort, contact dermatitis I guess, only on his head/face. Very strange. But it drives him crazy at night and he has not slept well. I got a script for Benedryl but it doesn't seem to help. Poor little guy. Reminds me that I need to trim his fingernails for the 3rd time this week. Not having changed ANY soap or detergent in our house, I have no idea what is causing this. I'm just hoping it runs it's course and I can have my happy lil guy back.
As Riley has become so mobile, like all 1 year olds, he has discovered the kitchen cupboards. Ugh. I loathe this stage. So, today I am in need of cupboard locks at least for under the sink. When we moved here I LOVED how many cupboards I had! Now I dread them. Ahhhh, this stage too, shall pass. I have found a super awesome baby gate though! I needed to replace a wooden gate at the bottom of the stairs that swung out and was just in the way. It got bumped too many times so it has quickly pulled out of the wall a little and really messed up the plaster. I've installed the new retractable gate (it winds up like a window shade), was a super easy install, and VOILA! Riley is safe from the stairs once again and this gate only sticks out about 4" from the wall. Very nice. I also repaired the damaged plastic and already repainted it. Looks like new! That job is crossed off my list.
Rain, rain, go away. We have had so much rain that the ground is saturated. There appears to be flooding throughout the central valley and the resevoir looks like it's at its max. Crazy how high it is when over the summer it's very low. I should get a picture of the reservoir for you all that haven't seen it. It's a pretty big lake with several boat launches so a great place for water sports and it's only about 15 min. from the house!
That's about it for now. I will get some birthday pictures up tonight after Ri Guy has his cake. Stay tuned!
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment