tin roof

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to school...already?????

Where did the summer go, anyway? Oh yeah, it was mixed and mingled with unpacking, getting organized, and finding our way around town. We are not enrolling in the charter school this year. Our school will be run as a private school, as I've done in the past. In order to be legal, I fill out an online form saying we run a private school and I keep a copy of the R4 in my records. The charters and public schools started this week and I decided we will ease our way back into a schedule. Makes for getting out in May REALLY NICE.

I made cinnamon rolls and made some baked oatmeal for breakfast. Time to energize these brains for a great school year! It's supposed to be in the high 90's again today so I think 'recess' will be spent in the pool!

Speaking of the pool, we have a new filter/pump/saltwater system. The pool went green on me even though I had been running the pump non-stop for weeks! After realizing we have to add shock every 2 days in this heat, we decided to bite the bullet and get a saltwater system. It used 125# of 'water softener' salt that I had the guy leave for me last week when he was here to add salt to our water softener. The machine changes the salt to chlorine so there is a constant level of chlorine in the pool. How easy is that?! It's only been 3 days but I love looking at the crystal clear water! The pump and filter are upgraded so that should make a big difference. I think this will be a great investment we will be able to use for quite a while.

I suppose I should finish eating, get the kitchen cleaned up, and begin our school day. Have a great and glorious day!

No comments: