tin roof

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moving, a birthday, and a trip - Oh My!

We are getting really close to getting in the house! We should be able to get keys today and if we do, we will get the movers for tomorrow. Just about everything is packed up and we drove almost 2 hours to sign 'closing' papers Mon. Yes, closing papers BUT the sale is not final yet. The system out here is very screwy, we have found, and when they say you are a couple DAYS away from closing, you are really a couple WEEKS from closing. And when you are AT closing, you're not actually closing. Nope. They are supposedly funding our loan, wiring the money to whoever is getting the money, and when that process has been completed we are able to 'close', or in laymen's terms, given keys.

Our loan should be funded this a.m. and if so, we will switch the moving truck for tomorrow instead of Friday. We initially were going to schedule the truck for Sat. which meant Steph, Riley, and I get out of move day! But things are happening a tad quicker than we thought (shock!).

Thursday also brings us Connor's 4th b-day! Great timing for a b-day! Ugh. But I did some shopping last night while I waited for Katie at her scout meeting and got him some gifts. Tomorrow afternoon Katie has a physical scheduled (in order to go on Trek) and I also needed Riley's 2 mos. check up/shots done (a week late) so our family doc will see them. An hour later I have my 6wk p.partum check up (also a little late!) at the midwife's office. We'll need to somehow figure out when is the best time to give Connor his gifts. While the kids and I are at appts, John will be overseeing the movers and then head to Los Banos and pick up the keys. On our way back I think we will pick up a cake for Connor and bring it to the new house. I believe it'll be a fast food night for sure!

Heading onto Friday...John will drive the three of us back up to San Jose to our friend's so we can catch the train with the rest of our scout troop to Sacramento. We will be visiting the capital and Old Town, learning about the history of this region. Should be fun! When we return on Sun. we may meet John at the old house, get it cleaned up and leave the keys at the office then head to our new home.

I will post plenty of pictures next week, if/when I find my puter after the move. Wish us luck! Time to get back to the laundry and filling the last of the boxes.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Holy cow, I'm overwhelmed just reading all this!!! Such fun, exciting things though!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you :)