tin roof

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Riley Update - 4 weeks old

6 crazy kids

Japanese Gardens

Riley snug in his sling

Mom and the boys

Check out the dimples!

Not a happy bather



Riley is gaining weight! I took him in for a weight check last week and he's up to 8# from 7#6oz 2 weeks ago!! Yay! The doc really wanted to see him back to his birthweight by 4 weeks since he didn't do it by 2 weeks. I wasn't very concerned but I decided to increase his feedings to every 2 hours or less...can anyone say MOOOOOO! LOL So, I'm nursing this little peanut constantly and it seems to be working for him so we'll keep it up. He's officially too long for his little premie-sized clothes and just beginning to wear newborn sizes. It's about time! He's giving us lots of smiles now and starting to coo at us - the kids especially love this. He's a great snuggler too! He still has an awful time with gas though. He's not a great burper so he ends up crying and crying at times until he finally lets one loose...but look out!

We had him baptized a week ago Sunday and mom was his sponsor (it was her b-day too!). He did great and only let out a short 'Ahhh' when pastor poured the water on his head.

We're still getting more documents to sign on the house and for the loan and I hope there is an end to what I have to email/scan to the realtor and lender soon. The printer has been very tempermental and I was about to kick it today! Ugh! But otherwise, the appraisal has been ordered so I hope and pray it's done soon and quickly. We may be able to close in 3 weeks! I really need to get started on packing but we also have one more teacher visit, this week, so I need to make sure our school papers are ready. So much to do, so little time!

Mom is on her way back home. We had a really good visit, as usual. We had a girls day out for lunch then shopping in Santana Row...ok, girls plus a pint-sized little guy. It was a pretty relaxing visit, considering our busy schedule! Mom watched the kids at Tae Kwon Do a couple times and joined Steph and I at our girl scout meeting. THANKS FOR COMING OUT HERE, MOM!!!

Now we really need to focus on school and packing, somehow. I'm hoping to do a little packing every day while we wait to hear about a closing date. Until then we have a girl scout Bridging/award ceremony next weekend, Bridging event at the Golden Gate Bridge on the 8th (with 5,000 other girl scouts 'bridging' to cadettes), Katie camps with her troop the weekend of the 21st, then Steph, Riley, and I head to Sacramento on the train with our troop on the 28th for the weekend. Our final trip with this troop! So sad! Somehow, we need to find time to move inside those 3 weeks! Then in June Katie heads on Trek with some of her fellow scouts to Canada and back, camping, kayaking, whitewater rafting, etc...for 28 days!

No comments: