We're getting there folks! It's hard to believe I'll be holding a newbie in just about 5 weeks from today! We can't wait! I think I'll be able to relax after next week has come and gone. John's in New Hampshire this week and then Wisconsin next week. After that, he should be in the office until Little Boo arrives.
As I carefully comb all the real estate sites I can find online, I came across yet another new listing this a.m. I finally got ahold of my realtor (who happened to be visiting her new little grandson as of this a.m.!) and she made some phonecalls to find there is only one other offer on the home and that tomorrow the bank is looking at all offers. Since it's a dreaded short sale, the lender has to approve the offer - seeing that it will cover what the owners owe. It very well could be a 4-mos. process so we shall see. But it is a GREAT house and we are so excited! We hurried over to the city, an hour drive, just the kids and I, and the kids were having a blast envisioning where our things would go. If things look positive, I'll post pictures. The carpet will need to be replaced, paint throughout, maybe replace the 'removed' crown molding (why would anybody bother??) and spruce up the yard that's been neglected. It technically has 6 bdrms (wow!), 2 down and 4 up, BUT one of the downstairs rooms has no closet so is considered a den, I guess, and the upstairs room w/o a closet is the size of 2 bdrms so we may eventually consider dividing it with a full wall and doors or just some room dividers and the littler boys can share it. The master is ridiculously huge and I'm not sure what we'll do with that, not to mention the walk-in closet that Steph claims is bigger than her room now! Lots of ideas, but let's just sit tight and see how this deal goes.
No, John did not see it either. I emailed him 20+ pictures then talked him thru the house over the phone. He's happy with it and gave the go-ahead. We will probably run over there Sat. a.m. so he can get a look at it. The pics don't really do it justice so I think he'll be even more excited. We'll keep you all posted! I should make a poll about what will come first, the baby or the house! LOL
*** UPDATE *** This house went to another buyer too! POO! Man, this market out here stinks!! Hopefully, I will have more to write about soon...
Fall boat ride with Tica
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment