Zack turned 6 on Tues. and after a rough start to his day, it appeared to end on a good note. We went to Chuck E Cheese, ate pizza, and played lots of games. Then we had to run to the dentist while we were in town, then went home. Zack's choice for dinner was cheese fondue so he and I ran to the store, picked up dipping food, and let him pick out his cake. After dinner he got his gifts and got a new bike! He was thrilled. He also got some lego sets, Hot Wheels and a car launch, some books, and new pj's. I think that's the jist of it. Later I had to take Katie to her scout meeting and me to my leader meeting. Busy day!
Oh, but that wasn't it! A group from Katie's troop that are going on the 30-day camping trip - Trek - next summer are doing a money earning project. Each girl is taking 5-day stretches of planting 20+ flamingoes in friend's and family's yards at night. It's been rather fun, except for the drive to San Jose (which is usually twice a day lately). We haven't gotten caught yet! And the comments have been really positive. We had to do our last of 5 Tues. night so now we have a break for a couple weeks. We aren't 'Flapdoodling' on Thanksgiving so we'll let the flock hang out in our yard that night. I'll get pics!
We have a weekend off from scout activities so I'm not sure what we'll do. Maybe some more cleaning. And maybe a little R&R - if that's possible ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment