Whew! What a day! I barely had time to get a shower before the bird was done. Steph and I baked a pumpkin pie and an apple pie and also made mom's traditional cranberry jello. Later we fixed the veggies and mashed potatoes then enjoyed dinner. Zack opted for fish sticks rather than turkey! LOL WHAT??? I told him if he didn't get rid of that attitude he wasn't getting dessert! Kids...
Here is a picture of Stephanie and our pies. Also, you'll see some pictures of our flock, well, Katie's girl scout flock of flamingoes. Different 'flock watchers' have added beads and boas as they have gone from house to house. It's for a fundraiser for her troop as they earn money toward their month-long camping trip to Canada this summer. We took the day off (mostly to not annoy someone on the holiday) and placed them in our yard for the night. We put them in friends' yards for an overnight and take donations to remove them the next day! I think it's funny enough to wake up to these birds in your yard, that it takes the edge off the 'donation' part. It's dark now so we should probably get them to our next address pretty soon.
Wouldn't you know, we get one thing fixed on the house and now we have another problem. Ugh. Katie was plugging in her Nintendo DS in her room to charge, saw a spark, and it tripped the circuit. I flipped the circuit and it will not stay on! Her room and the the little boys' room, next to Katie's, both do not have power! Grr! I called the office yesterday and they must have been out of the office as no one answered the phone. Another reason to rent!
No comments:
Post a Comment