tin roof

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Looks like Ca is going to warm up afterall

So, MI has been much warmer than us and I'm really getting tired of it too cool to swim! It was finally in the 80's yesterday and the forecast is for 103 today and 106 tomorrow. I think summer is really here now, I think.

We still haven't planned a camping trip but I think I will get on John about that and schedule it. Scouts is done for the summer so we can really relax.

I've been LOVING running lately. Our neighborhood circle is 1.4 miles so I've been running that 2 times (plus a trip around the park for that extra .2) or doing our new paved trail past the park for a 2 mile run. I even combined them for a 5 mile once. We run a little in bootcamp 3x a week and I've decided to try a 5K next weekend! Well, standing by my car yesterday opening the back hatch, I turned my stupid weak ankle! I do this almost once a year since about 11th grade when I sprained it in gymnastics. BAD TIMING! I'm praying it heals fast by next week so I can still do my race and I'll stay hopeful as it usually heals pretty quickly. It just ticks me off!

I've gotten my old 17 y.o. bike rideable and took it out to the trails with my neighbor Karen a couple days ago. We ended up riding 20 miles, all the way up to San Jose, near where John works, and back! It was a lovely day and it felt great to be on a bike again!

I'm also toying with the idea of training for a short triathalon next year! Crazy as it sounds, I'm determined to lose these Connor pounds once and for all, and I think getting ready for a swimming, biking, and running race might do the trick. Let's just hope my bum ankle holds up!

I don't think I have any pics to share at the moment. Guess I should get busy on some! I'm thinking we'll be in the pool alot this weekend so I'll take my camera out with me.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sorry about the ankle :( Hoping for a speedy recovery! Enjoy the pool this weekend!