tin roof

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Late summer beach trip - bringing in a new school year

I love the beach.  I try to get there every so often but not all the kids love it like I do.  We started back to school a little more than 2 weeks ago and hadn't had the chance to get to the beach so I decided Labor Day weekend was a good time to do it.  Unfortunately, it was one of the worst beach days ever.  Temps were 90's at home and forecasted for 75 and sunny where we usually go.  It was perfect even a mile away but AT the beach....ugh.  The fog was rolling in and it looked like it had been doing so all a.m.  The car read 61 degrees in the parking lot but down on the shore it had to be even cooler.  We never got a glimpse of the sun while sitting in the sand and were even shivering.  The beach was packed, never-the-less, and we set up 'camp' but only lasted about 90 min.  We had our lunch, the boys (the only ones that came along) played the entire time but we had had enough.  Steph was sick and missed coming along; Katie wasn't feeling well either and usually doesn't want to come along :-P  Here are a few pics of the day:





No comments: