tin roof

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The end of 2011, already?

These days, as usual, are flying right by. Man, the holidays are just about behind us and before you know it, spring will be here. It's a vicious cycle! And I swear it goes faster every year!

We did have a nice Christmas. Since we moved out west, almost 7 years ago now, we've had pretty quiet holidays at home. Last year Dad and Sharon were here for Thanksgiving and 5-6 years ago mom was here right before Christmas. Other than that, there has been no entertaining, no stress, just a relaxed day with extra-special, extra-yummy food and family time. Tonight we are going to our neighbors to play cards and celebrate the New Year with a few friends. I just need to decide what to bring to eat!

Dentist appointments are just about finished up for my 2 boys that are requiring the attention. Connor's final cavity filling was pushed out a couple weeks and he is a little anxious to get that over with. Max's collagen graft went fine and his receding gums should not need anymore attention until he's into his teens.

Stephanie is excited to get her expander off next week! Max will keep his on a little longer, I guess. She may get the bottom braces on then too.

I decided to go back to the LASIK Institute in Sacramento and see about having my left eye enhanced. A few years ago, after undercorrected LASIK treatment, they enhanced my right eye only. I had mono vision which is just one eye corrected for distance, the other left as is for near vision. It was fine, for the most part, but it's been more annoying lately. My night vision is worse now so I went back to see about correcting that eye for distance too. The doc said everything looks great and that it is a go for the enhancement! The only problem might be that I will need reading glasses right away...maybe. So, Thursday I had it done, went back Friday for a check up, and all is great! The haziness is going away and my distance vision is getting better every day. I'm so happy to have equal eyesight! Modern technology is AWESOME!!! I have one more check up in 3 weeks and I anticipate better than 20/20 vision.

I am doing some studying into Traditional Chinese Medicine and took a class with a friend at the TCM university in San Jose, in early December. Not a whole lot of time to put into it but every chance I get, I try to get out one of my books to absorb a little more information. Very intriguing and interesting stuff!

I am also happy to say that after being 5 years behind in my photo albums (thanks to the addition of Connor! LOL), I am caught up to Jan. 1, 2010! Woohoo! And I intend on finishing that this afternoon. I printed the last of my prints thru '06 and figured I would continue from now on putting each years' worth of pictures on a cd. Much easier! Now, I just need to finish up Connor's baby book, then get started on Riley's! There's always something :-P

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Here's to a super 2012!

No comments: