tin roof

Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm back

I found a new template that will work for now. Whew! I guess the other site I was using was at full capacity with their server and could no longer cover all their users.

Riley is now 4 mos. and I found us a family doc! Yay! He and I meet her next week and the others will follow soon after. He was 12.6# at 3 mos. and I hope he's packed on another pound. He learned to roll over this week and I was able to capture it in video. Such a cutie! Ack, charging the battery so I can upload the video.

Other happenings...Katie has returned home! Her four-week Trek went great and she saw so much. They camped all the way to Victoria, Canada and back with almost daily stops for sightseeing and activities. They saw the ice caves, museums, went sea kayaking and white water rafting, toured the Tillamook cheese factory, and even went to the store in Forks, WA where a small part of the movie Twilight was filmed! She came home with an upper respiratory bug but is on antibiotics to hopefully take care of that.

Steph was invited to go to Yosemite Nat'l Park with a friend's family last weekend and did lots of hiking. No bears were seen! But they did find some bear poo!! Nice! Stephanie is now up north rafting with her friend's youth group (our old neighbor) and will be home tomorrow. These girls have been so busy!

We've been enjoying the pool. I'm not sure who likes to swim more, Zack or Connor, but those two spend the most time in it. Our friends down the street come over to swim on and off so I think it was a good investment. We're looking into switching to a salt water system next year and probably a bigger pump. Other than that, we're really happy with the pool.

I'm getting back into making yogurt, cream cheese, and whole wheat sourdough bread. The yogurt has been really good but I think my w.w. starter needs some ripening so it'll raise more. That's about as 'Betty Crocker' as I am at the moment. It's kind of fun, actually!

I'll update next week with Riley's 4 mos. stats when we return from the doc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Katie had a good time. What a great experience for her and also sounds like Steph is having a fun summer. We just got back from Vegas, HOT 114 during the day 101 at night. Had a good time and Tom & Jami are happy. Got to see Owen on our last day. Look forward to your pictures & next post. Like the new blog. A.Marg