tin roof

Friday, August 22, 2008

16 years

Today marks the 16th anniversary of the day John and I were married. Wow...that's a loooong time! We are going out for a nice, quiet dinner. We'll leave Katie in charge and enjoy adult conversation. Yay!

We finally got our family-sized dining room table! Love it!


Getting ready to start school next week. Katie will be 7th, Steph 5th, Max 2nd, and Zack casually doing pk/k. I'm trying to figure out a fun thing to do to kick off our school year. I'm thinking about hot fudge sundaes at Baskin Robbins but we'll see.

Not much else going on though. Kids have taken a few days off from the pool as we are letting the new solar cover do it's magic. It's also been a little cooler this week but today and thru the weekend it is supposed to be in the 100's again so I imagine we will be swimming in tepid waters. I can't complain about 80-82 degree water but I think the kids will swim alot more if it's in the upper 80's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the kids will freeze in Michigan if low 80's is cold. I take Jacob in our little pool if it is 70. That's a heat wave. My solor balls only worked for a couple days. I have a solar blanket but that doesn't warm it up that much either, it does keep it warmer. A. Marg

Julie said...

Oh, we swam in my dad's pool and I don't ever remember it being over 68!! They had it pretty good in our smaller pool last year. John just told me the surface water with the cover on is 96 and the lower levels are 86+ so they'll be in it all day tomorrow. Since our nights are so cool it does a great job holding the temp. Glad I spent the money. My solar ball hasn't done diddly squat in this pool.