tin roof

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Move went smoothly

Glad that part is over with. Whew! We got internet yesterday so I feel somewhat back to normal ;-) Now, if I could only find the cord to connect my camera to the puter! We have a majority of the boxes unpacked and put away but I'm in need of shelves for toys and books. I hope to trek up to IKEA for some shopping soon.

The pool is coming along slowly. I met the neighbor on the one side who told me the pool hadn't been touched in 2 years and she had been really concerned. 2 YEARS! The chemicals are just right, there's just alot of dead algae in there that needs to filter out. The kids have been swimming the past couple days and could care less if the water is cloudy - ha! The pool guy will be working on it until it has cleared up, then we're on our own.

The house is fantastic!!! We absolutely love this place! We are considering asking the elderly owner if she'd be interested in selling it...that's how much we like it! I'll get pics up here eventually.

We met the neighbors on the other side and wouldn't you know, they homeschool too!! So awesome! They have an 11 y.o. daughter that Steph is dying to meet. They also have older boys, 15 and 18.

I really believe that the mess with the other house was a blessing in disguise. We are so happy here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move, I am so glad all went well. We hadn't had our little pool open for 2 yrs & it was a mess but we shocked it and just kept "backwashing" almost every hour for the first day to get all the algae out, it is great now and the solar balls work, the temp is over 80. Thanks. Have a great 4th of July. Aunt Margaret

Unknown said...

Hey there! Glad you pool turned out well! Our guy was here 3 times today rinsing the DE filter off. There is so much dead algae that it's coating the filter system. We all decided tonight to dump the water tomorrow. The pump has been going 24/7 since before we moved in. We have to drain it secretly though, because we're in a drought and that would be wasting water. Sheesh. DIRTY water at that. We hope to have crystal clear water by Monday :-) Did you know they actually put FISH in it to eat the larva and mosquitos? Crazy! The county flies around checking on pools and saw this one was green so had it written up. It basically looks ok, just cloudy. But when you think that the cloudiness is all dead algae, ewwwww!!! I should take before and after pics. I'll do that.

Unknown said...

The pool guy decided against dumping the water this a.m. We think it does indeed look better today so we'll keep on rinsing the filter off and adding a little water on and off. It's got to turn!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad the new house is working out so well!! Funny how things work out :) Hope the pool is coming along for you now!

~Danielle